Daily 3rd Grade Schedule
8:00 - 8:30 Arrival
- When students arrive, they are expected to put away backpacks, folders, and lunch boxes. Students are allowed to spend the remainder of the time in free play, reading, answering a writing prompt, or utilizing the “app of the week”.
8:30 - 9:30 English Language Arts (Whole & Small Group)
- VoWac Phonics
- Students will be instructed using the VoWac phonics program which uses the Orton-Gillingham approach (1/3 visual, 1/3 auditory, 1/3 kinesthetic) to teach necessary decoding skills.
- VoWac Spelling
- Literacy by Design’s Guided Writing
9:30 - 10:00 Social Studies (Whole Group)
- During social studies class students will be instructed using Pearson’s myWorld Social Studies. Students will participate in whole group and small group activities which may include researching historic events, people, and places and creating age-appropriate books or videos that retell the information.
10:00 - 10:30 Science (Whole Group/Small Group)
- During science class students will be instructed using the FOSS K-6 Science Kits. Students will participate in whole group and small group activities. Activities may include hands-on experiments and utilization of iPads to read leveled readers, watch science related videos, or listen to audio clips.
10:30 - 11:30 English Language Arts (Small Group)
- Students will be instructed using the Literacy by Design series. Students will rotate between small group instruction with the classroom teacher, partner work, and independent learning utilizing educational software programs, e.g., Imagination Station Reading Intervention.
11:30 - 12:00 Centers: English Language Arts (Small Group & One-on-One)
- Students will rotate between English language arts centers. During this time, students who require additional remediation or enrichment will meet with the teacher one-on-one or in small groups.
12:00 - 12:40 Lunch/Recess
12:40 - 1:10 Specials & Character Development
- Gym/Health (2 days / week)
- Character Development (1 day / week)
- Art (1 day / week)
- Music (1 day / week)
1:10 - 2:10 Math (Whole & Small Group)
- Students will be instructed using EnVision Math. Students will also utilize iPads for interactive math instruction and Dreambox Learning math software during independent learning activities.
2:10 - 2:40 Centers: Math (Small Group & One-on-One)
- Students will rotate between math centers. During this time, students who require additional remediation or enrichment will meet with the teacher one-on-one or in small groups.
2:40 - 2:50 Pack & Dismissal
Please click here to view a sample weekly schedule.